MVCC Automated Engineering and Technology Cohort Program
The Fourth Industrial Revolution is here, and good jobs are available in automation and engineering technology for those with education beyond high school. Smart manufacturing values skills over labor. Learn the skills that require technology related to installing, operating and maintaining automation to land a career.
- 50% STEM jobs don’t require a four-year degree
- $53,000 average annual income
- 50% Percentage of job openings will be middle-skill through 2024
Moraine Valley is looking for multicultural, female and low-income students who have traditionally been underrepresented in this field. This group (called a cohort), will progress together through a unique two-year program.
Benefits for this cohort group include:
- Learn in state-of-the-industry facilities
- Complete courses together, with customized study plans
- Take part in professional experiences, including factory tours, presentations by industry experts and internships
- Get specialized academic advising and career guidance every step of the way
- Graduate with an Associate in Applied Science degree
- Tuition assistance available
POTENTIAL CAREERS IN AUTOMATED TECHNOLOGY
- Automation Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician
- Smart Manufacturing
- Industrial Cybersecurity
An application will be made available via the website and application period will open beginning October 1. Check the website often as updates will be made. Ask your CTE teacher for more information about the program or contact Chuck Bales.
For more information please visit the Moraine Area Career System website: